Friday, February 22, 2013

The Lazy Morning

As many of you out there will know you no longer need an alarm clock when you have a wee one in the house, that's not to say they go cock a doodle do at 0630 but more that you never see your duvet much past 08.30.
So just to make one or two out there a wee bit jealous I awoke today at around lunchtime in the pleasant knowledge that my wife had tended to the morning duties with the wee one and all was well with the house.
So up and refreshed ready to take on the day and all it may have to throw at me no challenge to big and all that, was to become very short lived, now to say I should have had Weetabix for my lunch is a bit of understatement. As if by some magical power the wee one has sussed I should be up for anything after a smashing long sleep!
The game of the afternoon has been chase me-the version that involves going up and down the stairs several hundred times or at least that is the number my legs are shouting. This game has been swiftly followed by dress up and leave clothes for granddad to find and an indoor water fight-a fight that started off as dishwashing but has now led to the kitchen floor washing game a solo game played only by granddad.
As we speak we are now opening up our kitchen restaurant for all dolls and teddy's that are brave enough to face the play dough delights on offer with of course cold tap tea which I have to say is growing on me but to others is very much an acquired taste.
As all of this is taking place I can see her eyes focusing on the painting and arts cupboard with more than a passing interest being registered.
The result of all that is going on is all the benefits of a nice sleepy morning drift from memory faster than the blade runner can escape from court on bail.
The wee one who normally has a quiet hour in the day has been non stop which leaves me to wonder if she has that quiet hour to re charge her batteries or has she simply worked out that granddad needs a rest on normal days but he had a big rest this morning and to be frank should be keeping up!
So a quick show of hands who is still jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment