Monday, February 25, 2013

Rusted Springs or Spring Ready?

As is usual the weekend came and went in a flash of time never to return unless Dr Who is true and someone somewhere has a time machine, oh the possibilities!
The normal weekend activities were taken on by those around me the wife worked, the son played rugby, papa and the dog slept leaving the wee one and I to our own devices, pretty much the way we like it until it comes to kick off time for the football or rugby then we have our parting of the ways and not in a harmonious way either. Like all wee ones she is very strongly of the opinion that we are there purely as a tall person to access the items they cannot yet reach and as a servant/  playmate as required.
So as I said a pretty mundane run of the mill weekend.
Now for me a Monday is a bad day as it signals all sorts of catch ups-Housework ,messages and any other task you want to add that you look at over the weekend and say sod it I will do it later and of course later is Monday.
The trouble with this particular Monday is that the weekend has spilled right into it with no thought about the consequences to the housework or any or job in the miscellaneous list.
My son had to be taken to AE with a rugby injury that had given him a thumb twice its normal size, no big deal I thought 30 mins in and out, well you probably have guessed already this was one of my many underestimates that seem to surround my time keeping these days-4 hours later and a referral to another hospital had my day in a tail spin and would mean having to have a little luck if I was going to get back on schedule with my catch up duties!
Catching up with a normal Monday was going to be tough however over the course of the weekend during the brighter parts of the day my mind had started to think about getting the wee ones garden toys ready making sure they were safe and still in good working order and were ready to play with because we all know the great look of disappointment when we get a bike or whatever from the shed and then have to say no you can't play with it until I fix it for you and again we all know that our little people are extremely patient and will wait quietly for an hour or so until you have it sorted--Aye right!!
The day not being as nice as the weekend did not deter me from undertaking the task and as I finished with the outside toys it occurred to me that taking things like the bikes and scooters into the kitchen was not a bad idea nice and warm and a good big light. What did not compute at this point is that the wee one would see these toys and remember what fun she had just a few months ago with them in the garden and wow here they were but for house use- Grandad was just great as she danced around the lot looking for her first opportunity to get stuck into some high speed manoeuvring around the house.
So like the weekend when it comes to kick off time we had a parting of the way and again it was far from harmonious.
So lesson learned never put off the jobs at the weekend and for heaven's sake stop thinking of extra stuff that needs doing because come Monday it will all end in tears!--Yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment