Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pay Day?

For as long as I can remember pay day was a source of great joy in my household be it weekly on a Thursday-Remember that and you are going back a few years or as it is now more commonly on a Friday 4 weekly.
Ah simple days when I went out and earned the coin that kept the house going- along with the wife of course because as legend has it she kept the house going and my wages were bonus money- The cost of bread was well actually I do not know what the cost of bread was as I was too busy working.... or as the case me be being a male who did not realise that you did not just open the fridge and by the fairies there was food and beer!
So to present day, as regular readers will know I am the stay at home granddad with the 'job' of looking after the wee one- a role reversal if not also a generational reversal.
Pay day still brings joy but in a different way, I spend it while the wife earns it, What fun and joy free money over someone else's sweet and toile
Well no actually it is not that way. Sure the cost of living has exploded and indeed our ancestors from what ever age would be wondering how the hell we all manage and not only that I operate a no credit household-No loans,no credit cards,no catalogue's and no man collecting at the door.
The pay day joy is now paying the rent, The gas man and getting a food shopping that will sustain the family for the next four weeks or at least that was the case until very very recently.
Now not only are pay days not on a Thursday but at my wife's work they are not even whole-Let me explain my wife gets paid four weekly that is her salary, however any overtime she has put blood, sweet and tears into gets paid at the end of the month. Now it would be wrong to say the company is acting in a manner which is contrary to the laws of the land however it is a very strange way to do business!
Not only is it a strange way to do business but it knocks the hell out of the budget process that I have worked hard to build up.
The wee one loves it of course because we have always said if you are good you will get a treat on pay day- she has now worked out that should be two treats a month as there are two pays a simple logic that I cannot argue with.
And then there is the scenario that says we must not grumble because if pay day does bring joy and happiness then this house is experiencing this twice a month instead of just the once.
So back to the point of happiness I would when I was the one earning the coin with the wife's back up of course dish out wee treats that I would class as brownie points for my next misdemeanour what ever that maybe-so what now- Do I get wee treats now that the roles are reversed? Well actually no I run the budget which means it is still the wee one, the big ones and the wife that gets the pay day treats- Oh for a box of chocolate's and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment