Monday, February 11, 2013

Kids Of All Ages Bring Joy

My wife and I were considered to be very young when we got married and had our children with usual comments of it will never last and when they grow up they will go their separate ways being whispered loudly all around on our wedding day and for sometime thereafter.
That was nearly 25 years ago now-how time flies when it's not going to last.
The result of these years is our children are now adults and starting to carve out their own mistakes in life and making decisions that the wife and I shake our head in disbelief at muttering things like we will see how long this lasts-Talk about history repeating!!
However one of the advantages of having older children making their own way is that they can surprise you and give you moments that you will take to the grave just in the wondrous way a wee one does something for the first time and you beam proudly at how clever they are.
And so it was this weekend, it started with a reconciliation with my daughter putting to bed a rather silly argument-this alone would have made the weekend a more enjoyable event. However it was followed up by my son presenting me with tickets for the Scotland verses Italy Rugby game at Murrayfield.
I have been a football fan all my life and have never been to see a professional Rugby game, so not only was this a first it was to be a truly wonderful day out with my son watching one of the best games with a result to match in many years.
I have to say to anyone that has never been to a Rugby game before GO they know how to entertain you before, during and after a game.
So the weekend reminded me although I am a stay at home granddad with responsibilities to a wee one that keeps me on my toes, the kids I helped to bring up the first time round are still very much in my life and thoughts and can bring you wee gems of joy as well as their washing!

No comments:

Post a Comment