Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Night And Day

So last night the wee one stayed at her mothers, now many parents and grandparents out there might well be thinking you lucky sod a whole night to yourself! Do what you want stay up late throw a party. Me and the missus though could only sigh with boredom and listen to the un-ending silence that was our morgue I mean house-Because with no wee one around it was very very quiet!
Even the elder of the house eighty something Papa could be heard sighing from down the road.
Again some might think what a fantastic opportunity to get a whole nights sleep for the first time in ages, well not this granddad who tossed and turned all night with a number of awakenings thinking I could hear the wee one shouting for me- alas no all it was, was a complete and eerie silence.
So the morning arrived and I stumbled out of bed to the bathroom feeling like I had been partying all night and then been hit by a train, my eyes did not recognise the poor looking sod that stared back from the mirror and the brain was struggling to gear up to get me ready for the day ahead.
However one thought for the day kick started my body engine and put my brain into a gear that would drive me forward.
The wee one was on her way home and we were going to the zoo meeting up with the wee ones brother mum and her pal.
We set off at 10 sharpish well nearly twenty past if truth be told and made our way to Edinburgh Zoo where the weather was so good that many of the animals could not be bothered to move and simply wanted to sunbathe.
Edinburgh Zoo for those that don't know it is built on a hill a big bloody hill as I was about to be reminded or was it the last time I was there was a few stones ago and several years of cigarettes.
Anyway off we went undaunted by the climb before us looking forward to seeing as many different animals as possible.
As we went up the hill looking at the different animals the wee one decided that she would like to see the cats and indicated this by making cat sounds, thinking it was going to be a bit of a shock when she seen the size of them I had an inward chuckle, a chuckle that was short lived when you could see in her eyes she had just found the ideal pet. That look lasted until we got to the monkeys where she had discovered her ideal pet and so the day went making it a thoroughly enjoyable day as you seen surprise and delight at nearly every turn and corner, this was only surpassed when she entered her Aladdin's cave of the zoo- the souvenir shop selling every animal in the take home form of cuddly!
A basket full later and a narrow it down manoeuvre by granddad we were in the car on our way home, we hit the bypass and the wee one hit the hay the lucky wee devil!
Back home I have got my feet up and according to my wife I have had forty winks-no chance that can be true I am sure I only blinked!
Now the wee one is full of beans again at least I can keep up with her after my power blink I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment