Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Memories LOST ??

Well today is one of those days to be savoured to make sure the camera has a fully charged battery and that no matter what happens you smile and agree and fall out with no one including the dog.
Its the wee ones Birthday it means she moves on from the gruesome twosomes to the all over it threesomes.
Today being Tuesday would normally mark the one day of the week I normally have to myself as the wee ones mum normally takes her out today. However it is a day for family and cake, playing games and having fun. For me that also involves running around keeping the peace and cleaning up areas where cake has been enjoyed. So it got me to thinking it was time for a crafty word in the wee ones ear-Swimming! With that the Birthday treat for the day has been decided and it is the young ones who go swimming for an hour or two.
Brilliant time to review the photos that have been taken and have a look back at the ones taken over Christmas and the last snow fall.
With that thought I go to settle into my favourite chair only to see that one of the presents given to the wee one by her mum-A strawberry coloured nail varnish-was splattered over the leather cushions.
Don't panic was in my head as I frantically tried to clean it off the seat, however the more I tried to clean it the more the colour of the leather changed and so as I finished the job I realised we now had what you can only call a memory etched into my leather couch.
Keeping calm and looking on the bright side of life comes with living with a wee one in the house and I have to say I am now a bit of an expert at it!
So nothing left to do but view the picture memories of today and past weeks-I switched on the camera to view the brilliant photos that I had been taking putting photographers up and down the country to shame. I opened the search option to be met by the message SD card not formatted I was instructed by my camera to therefore format the said card pressed ok and was met by the most horrifying message any machine could ever show me- all images lost.
I sat stunned as I thought of all those fantastic photos that had just been lost in the technology land of no recovery and started to well up-when I looked over at my chair which reminded me memories can never be wiped like an SD card just like nail varnish does not wipe off leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment