Thursday, April 4, 2013

The ASBO Gardener Aka Papa

The other day the wee one and I went for one of our wee walks around the town with the usual purpose of bill paying and window shopping. However on this occasion we had the added bonus of a bacon roll and a coffee or in the wee ones case a roll with the bacon put to the side and a orange juice. The result of us taking a detour and some well dissevered quality time together was a happy walk home with the wee one delighting in all she could see from natures finest to some man made wonders.
We had been away for about three hours and that in one burst is a reasonably long time in the wee ones eyes, especially if no toys have been involved and indeed her playmate the ASBO gardener aka papa would be missing her. The wee one has educated our eighty one year old on the delights of the cartoon network and how to play picnic with dollies so far, and I am sure as the year goes on papa is in for some fun!!!!
Now as I have said and as many of you know the household has its very own ASBO gardener aka papa and while the wee one and I were absorbed by all the fine sights we were seeing on this wonderful sunny day, the ASBO gardener had realised the coast was clear, no wee one to sound the alarm , no granddad to hold him up and the law enforcer aka the wife was at work. On reflection this was a rare opportunity!
As the wee one and I turned the corner towards our house she let out a very loud shout of 'oh no granddad', thinking I had done something wrong, maybe stepped in her way I looked around but could see nothing wrong, however by this time the very perceptive wee one was off at running pace towards the house and as my eyes followed her to make sure she was safe, the wee ones shout of oh no became reality!!
 
I have one or two things in life that are important to me, one of those things is that things should be kept neat and tidy-you could call it an OCD but its not as severe.....according to me-and in order.
I include my shed in that, as I like to be able to put my hands on anything needed at any time without the hassle of emptying half the contents, reminiscing on some items before getting to what you actually wanted in the first place!!!!
 
So you can imagine my horror as I was met with the sight of my shed shelving units being chopped up into fire wood at best! The shed contents occupying my driveway like a car boot sale and in the middle of the scene stood the ASBO gardener looking very pleased with his mornings work. The big idea of the day was that he would build proper shed shelves and while he was at it give himself some space for future projects!!! Now knowing the ASBO gardener as I do I knew lunch time was fast approaching and therefore the downing of tools would take place to take on food and of course the mandatory nap, leaving me to ponder how we were going to retrieve the situation.

The solution was to use the exercise as a shed tidy and take a number of items away for recycling- a concept alien to the ASBO gardener as he keeps everything just in case!!
 

The wee one and I worked away for several hours, well the wee one played with toys as she found them and I loaded the car with items that were once useful a long time ago and had never seen daylight since.
So with the job turned around and the shed looking in good shape the ASBO gardener re-appeared to carry on his project, sadly for him his nap had overtaken his enthusiasm giving me time to save the day and my shed!
So an excellent morning with the wee one having quality time had to be paid for if you are a believer in life balancing out and in my case it leaves only one conclusion that like all things in life there is good verses bad, light verses dark, good verses evil and so in my household there is papa verses granddad!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment