Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fifty Shades Of Grandad!

Well folks this is the fiftieth post from A Grandads View From Home, when we started out we had one reader in one country.... aye me!!


Today I am pleased to say the posts have been read in over twenty five countries worldwide and we have had over seventeen hundred views!!! So adding up that is definitely one or two more than live in the household!!!
I thought now would be a good time to do another up date from previous posts where questions remain unanswered-sometimes deliberately and on other occasions the events of the house move so quickly meaning a new story becomes the priority. So in no particular order here goes:-
  • The wee one is doing well with her toilet training, so much so that she takes herself to the toilet to do her business and only occasionally asks for help with her button on her return! The wee one is now becoming more of a chatter box as each day passes and with each day she seems to take another stretch. Adventures and play are still top of her list and yes she is still waiting on her egg hunt....I know, but the weather has been rubbish!. She still gives me so much joy and inspiration everyday and with every new day she teaches granddad something new-education from the cradle to the grave, so to speak!

  • Pops the man behind the story The Wee Ones Prayer is doing well in hospital and is working in the gym everyday, as he gets ready for his new life in a wheelchair, he remains in all our thoughts and prayers.
  • The law enforcer aka the chief prosecutor aka the wife is still enforcing the law, however she is doing it with a fresh vigour after her Easter Break with the wee one- we are all on our best behaviour......well almost.

  • The ASBO gardener aka papa has come out of hiding and is as I write this plotting his next move, further to that he has been spotted near the shed on more than one occasion this week looking slightly shifty. And not only that a tree mysteriously disappeared where rows of potatoes are now planted!!

  • My eighteen year old son is still missing in action on two fronts, firstly he is showing his big hearted side by staying with his granny while pops makes his recovery in the hospital. That said my fridge has never been as full!!!! And secondly he is still recovering from his own operation, meaning his grumpy side is still on show! He is planning his return to training soon....I hope!!
  • The wee ones mum is still learning to cook and to that end a new cooker has been installed in her kitchen- lets hope it can take the pace! I await the invite for dinner and will let you know how that works out as long as I am not too ill!!
  • Hurricane Billy aka my grandson and the wee ones brother is still on the forecast as a force five simmering towards force ten at any point of any week should a visit to granddad be in the offing!
  • That leaves me- the old and wise granddad! Sadly we all know that is not true, however lets just go with it, I am still fighting the elephant in the room however it is shrinking as I have lost eight pounds! My eye is firmly on the ASBO gardener aka papa and the garden! As I said earlier the wee one will get her egg hunt as soon as the weather says so. And finally I am still not shy of giving my opinion on any subject that may or may not effect the wee one or her household and I will continue to write about it.
 
So that just leaves you, the people that make this worthwhile!! I hope you continue to enjoy the blog and keep on reading the posts, if you like them tell someone else, if you don't tell me, as I always read all comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment