Tuesday, March 12, 2013

When A Look Will Do

My nana was a wise person and like most wise people they had little sayings to cover most events, you know the type I am talking about -never a borrower or lender be and such like.
One of nanas favourite sayings was early to bed early to rise, a practice she had mastered throughout her life.
Personally I have lived my life by the motto of burn the candle at both ends and pray you don't get burned!!!My Nana never approved but would give me that all knowing look that said you will change, not sure when or how but you will.
Now many of her sayings are lodged in my memory and every now and again I recite them to myself when certain situations arise and not only does it give me comfort very often there is a solution in some of these old ditties.
However today was a day when I struggled to make one fit- the wee one awoke before the Haddington bell, for those not familiar with Haddington, the bell tolls at seven am to get the workers up! Now not being a worker as such I have never thought that the bell applied to me or indeed the wee one.
Normally the wee one sleeps for a very decent twelve hours so bed at eight thirty means up at eight thirty all very civilised in my book-sadly though the wife has been off work for a week and her terrible habits of early to bed early to rise are rubbing off on the wee one already thus having an impact on yours truly!
As a stay at home granddad I am very aware that routine is important and I am also very aware how short a time it takes a wee one to learn that routine be it a good one or a bad one. Now I am not saying early to bed and early to rise is not a good routine, it is just one I have never had much practice at or need for...until now.
So it looks like another one of my nanas wee sayings is coming into play today-your never too old to learn and not only that one of my own comes into play, you can teach a granddad new tricks!
So today it is not a saying but a look that I used to get off my nana that has come to pass.
Strangely enough the person responsible for this new routine is still snuggled up in bed as I write this.... and further the wee one has decide to grab a nap -questions need to be asked!!!
AND
A wee update on the wee one versus the nappy, we are doing well and even managing to hold on when out and about until we reach a toilet and further little miss independent goes herself no help necessary!
AND FINALLY
The ASBO gardener aka papa has had his gas put at a peep this week, one of his plans has been put on hold as part of his project was going to cost too much money, however he had decided he could build the item himself saving a fortune while at the same time allowing him to carry on with the re-structuring of the garden area he has had pegged out for several weeks an area he likes to go to and head scratch, moving the pegs every now and again to keep my blood pressure at the stroke setting. Sadly for ASBO gardener the house police aka the wife have served the warrant that says he is not allowed to do the self build and must therefore come up with a new plan-I will keep you informed.

1 comment:

  1. On my inspection of the head gardeners work, I could say he is the bob Murray of the gardening world.

    ReplyDelete