Sunday, March 24, 2013

No Energy Supply Problems Here!

The first time a round of having a wee one or in our case two wee ones in the house I was much younger and therefore a wee bit fitter and had a wee bit more energy.
That said I have no health issues apart from having to diet due to the extra pound or two that comes with age and okay as you know from previous posts, eating the odd biscuit and a wee bit of cake here and there has not helped the situation! Thankfully these days I do not have to come home from a days graft, and then find that reserve of energy, that allows you to play with the wee one.
If I was to try and work and deal with the house with all of its other members wants and chase the wee one I would not like to think what state I might be in!!

The wee one is no different to all little people in the fact that she has energy to burn, and even after a full day of activity, she could probably sell some to our national grid and keep a small town going overnight.
This weekend has proved my point with room to spare. The family has had a full on weekend, including a trip to Glasgow to see her pops aka my step dad who is in the spinal injury unit in the Southern General.
The days there are tiring for all concerned and are normally quite stressful for all involved, however cue the wee one on to the scene- to her everything is very simple and even in this environment she led the way, making sure those around her were smiling, not only that our patient, pops, was involved managing to smile and had a wee chuckle with her.
Job here done the wee one moved onto the day room where she teamed up with some other little people in a parade around the relatives, again the place seemed just a wee bit cheerier for their efforts and not only that, it broke the ice between a number of families in the same boat, a boat that they had previously thought they were sailing alone!!
Job done there and time to go home, a long journey was broken by the wee one playing eye spy everything!!!!
The relief of being home when you have been away is known by all-you know the way, just getting into your own comfy seat with a cup of your preference is always comforting.

The wee one however had a different idea after all she had been out all day and her toys must have missed her!

The solution to her was as obvious as it was to me painful, so after each toy had been checked, played with and not returned to the toy box, her attentions and focus turned to her teddies and dollies who by this time must be starving- the wee ones excuse to drag her cooker out- and not only that they could all do with a bath, yep you guessed it, it was the wee ones excuse to strip them all and drag them to the bathroom where she waited patiently on my arrival, as she would have to go into the said bath with them!
So that would be that err no... the bath served as a revitaliser and on we went for another wee while before finally conceding it was bed time!!
That being the story of day one!!!! So as you can imagine after adding another similar day on the Sunday we have had a reasonably busy and well occupied weekend. So I have been put through my paces, and just the distant memory of getting up and going to work on the Monday morning after a full on family weekend, had me wondering how we did it all those years ago when I worked two jobs!!
The obvious answer of course is that I was younger however there are plenty of older parents these days and many grandparents like myself involved in bringing up children, leaving me with one solution!
Right I am ready just plug me in like our volunteer above- sadly no we are not just at the stage with our technology! No I can not do that sadly!
So its off to the shops for some multi vitamin pills and some energy drinks and a renewal of a long since lapsed and dusty gym membership, because as the wee one grows these days are coming thick and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment