Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Whats He Up To?

Thanks for all the emails asking that A Grandads View From Home continues, so back by demand we will post at least once a week to keep you up to date. Once again thanks for such a strong show of support for Grandad!!!!!!

So
Over the last few weeks as the weather has improved, I have been bracing myself for a flurry of activity from the ASBO gardener aka papas direction! Now it is either stealth, a cunning plan or a new strategy but nothing appears to be happening.
Over the last few weeks he has taken to going for walks, aye hikes, that take him away for a couple of hours, this is good for his health and is viewed positively in not suspiciously, as he leaves the house dressed link one of the characters from Last Of The Summer Wine, including props that could be seen on that programme like binoculars and telescopes!!!!
You might think I should be overjoyed and if not at least a little relieved that perhaps a new hobby had been found, and his health was also gaining some benefit from his new activities and yes I would be if my gut reaction was not warning me something was and is afoot.
The wee one and her oldest playmate aka papa have been out in the garden most days when he is not away on one of his hikes, tending to my flower beds, weeding, feeding and watering them with a due diligence that would make any gardener proud. The garden is neat and tidy no problem there then, the first green shoots and stalks of plants have appeared and are establishing themselves, again all good there as well then, so what is my gut telling me, should I just not enjoy the fact all is looking- excuse the pun- rosy in the garden and maybe just maybe the ASBO gardener aka papa is behaving himself for a change......aye right!
The investigation would have to take place as answers are required because the ASBO gardener aka papa not being up to something has my blood pressure setting at the same level as when he is up to his neck in it....stroke setting!
Like anything to do with the ASBO gardener aka papa if you go looking you will find trouble, mostly it is not what you are expecting to find but trouble none the less.
However not looking on this occasion was not an option, as I said all was too quiet, too normal. It did not take too long to find out what was going on, that night in fact as close inspection of what the wee one was being given to water the flower beds with, aye it was plant food alright, but this food was not for the colourful blooms I have been expectantly waiting for, oh no this was for Vegetables indoor and out!
So the ASBO gardener aka papa has been enjoying his hikes and bird spotting in the full knowledge his cunning plan in the garden was growing below my very nose, knowing that I had been watching him all along carry out his plan without the slightest clue that he had indeed planted the flower beds with onions, tatties and the like, not only that he had involved the wee one knowing that I could not dig up her plants and replace them with the blooms that should be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment