Monday, May 20, 2013

That's all Folks

Well its been along hard winter, spring and aye start to the summer! The wee one and I have enjoyed sharing some of our adventures with you over the last four or five months and indeed we have been blown away by the number of folk reading our wee stories.
The ASBO gardener aka papa has found himself under close scrutiny and the law enforcer aka the wife has shown us what all women know already, they rule the roast!!
The eighteen year old aka the athlete aka my son is looking at pastures new, not only in this country but much further afield in an attempt to realise his ambitions as a player, coach and eventually a teacher.
Master chief aka the daughter is pushing forward on several fronts to make life enjoyable and rewarding, although we nervously await that call that means she has worked out how to turn on the new cooker!!
Hurricane Billy is still a force to be reckoned with where ever he goes and indeed is still sneaking under the radar to spring one or two surprises!
The wee one is gearing up for the start of her nursery year and therefore her first wee steps into the world of education that will be a big part of her life for the next fifteen or so years.
Me...... well I am looking forward to a busy summer with the wee one before she joins the education treadmill, and thereafter it will be time to look for a wee job that fits around the wee ones schooling.
As you will have worked out by this point there is a sad feeling of goodbyes in the air!!!
Now I am never one for saying goodbye as I always use the term- see you later, later in my way can mean that night, next week or at sometime in the future when fate brings us back together!
So I hope you all have a good summer, I hope your wee ones no matter how big or small bring you joy and I hope you have had some fun reading this blog, a wee snap shot of life at home as a granddad.
We might be back, who knows, it might be a new topic, who knows, what I can say with some degree of certainty is I will see you later.
Grandad

No comments:

Post a Comment